Bozlu Art Project hosts a personal exhibition by Ali Teoman Germaner (Aloş), a prominent artist in the field of modern sculpture, where the artist's drawings, paintings and sculptures may be viewed alltogether, from April 21st till June 3rd.
Bozlu Art Project Nişantaşı hosts a personal exhibition by Ali Teoman Germaner (Aloş), a prominent artist in the field of modern sculpture in Turkey. In the exhibition curated by Özlem İnay Erten and arranged by Nevzat Sayın, a comprehensive selection of the drawings, paintings and sculptures created by Ali Teoman Germaner since the 1950s will be exhibited.
The exhibition, which aims to reflect the important cornerstones in the long artistic life of Ali Teoman Germaner, who was the student of the leading figures such as Rudolf Belling, Ali Hadi Bara and Zühtü Müridoğlu in Turkish sculpture in the Sculpture Department of the Academy, which he entered in 1949, and who open his first exhibition in 1952 at Maya Art Gallery, displays the process in the artistic life comprising more than half a century of the artist who witnessed most of the transformations in the art of sculpture in Turkey with both his artistic and his academic identity.
While the visual language, which is full of fantastic figures created by Aloş, who says "The history of humanity is my history as well", affected by the art and mythology of civilizations such as Mesopotamia, Eygypt and Central America, opens the doors for a metaphorical expression querying current political and social events to the viewers, the epic atmosphere which expands to seashells, figures of serpents and horses, as well as the Phoenix, which has become the signature of the artist in his paintings and sculptures, takes the art lovers in an extraordinary trip in the peaks of Aloş's imagination.
Ali Teoman Germaner (Aloş)
Born in 1934 in Istanbul, Ali Teoman Germaner entered Istanbul State Academy of Fine Art Department of Sculpture in 1949 and became the student of prominent figures such as Rudolf Belling, Zühtü Müridoğlu and Ali Hadi Bara. Opening his first exhibition at Maya Art Gallery in 1952, the artist went to Paris in 1960 on a scholarship given by the French government. Between 1961 and 1965, he studied sculpture with René Collamarini and gravure with Stanley William Hayter, both masters at Ecole des Beaux Art. Starting to serve as an assistant at Istanbul State Academy of Fine Art Department of Sculpture in 1965, the artist became a professor in 1976 in the same institution. He continued to be an atelier instructor and the head of department in sculpture until he retired in 2001. The works of the artist, who took part in Paris, Sao Pãulo and Alexandria Biennials, was exhibited in many countries including France, Norway, Romania and USA.